Saturday 1 May 2010

Before Everyone Starts The Christina Bashing...

Let's Remember Who We're Talking About
(10am, have a beer. Don't stop now, you've already started.)

Hi Guys! I feel it brewing in the air, everyone's gonna start on Christina Aguilera. Her new video Not Myself Tonight feels very much like a mash up of all of Lady Gaga's videos. Surprised that Hype Williams did that to her, but whatevs.


Let's not lie, I like Christina, but that feels like this....


And this...


BUT, we need to remember that Christina Aguilera was one of the first commercial artists who said a loud and resounding NO to formulaic videos in a time when that was all we were getting. Visual reminder? Here we go!


And my favourite....


She did this 7 years ago. In my opinion, Gaga borrowed from Miss Aguilera and now, X-tina, is borrowing from the Lady.

So, before everyone starts crucifying the Genie In A Bottle, I just thought I'd put that into the atmosphere. Commence the warfare in 5, 4, 3, 2...

God bless
Dani xxx

No comments: